Welcome to my purple world...

18 Mar 2013

My grades are here!

So today I got my report card. Some comments made me laugh while others made me shout "what? That's not true at all!". Overall, I'm not satisfied with my results..... At all....
English: B-
Let's look at the bright side of it, first. At least it's not a C. I was expecting a lot worse. In the comment it said that 'Sofia has applied herself' and that I 'show interest in expressing my opinion'. How.....??? It also said that I 'made some attempt to develop and improve my written assignments.' The word 'some' makes me suspicious. What does it mean by 'some attempt'? And, of course the comment was ended with my teacher's favourite quote. 'She often does the minimum to get by.'
Fair enough. I deserve that.... :(
Maths: (grrrr! They spelled it the American way!) A-
The comment was only a sentence long. The last part of it is kind of strange though. It says that 'her concentration is not as intense as it could be.'
I'm generally happy with my grade.
French: B+
Yay! There's nothing interesting in the comment. It just says that 'there is room for improvement.' Well, duh! There's always room for improvement.
Science: A-
AnA-!!! How's that even possible??? The comment is written in French. The summary of it would be that I have to keep up the good work. Sorry, but I don't even know what I have done in this class!
Geography: B
It says that I have achieved good results on my tests, but I got really bad grades on my quizzes. Tell you what, those were 'pop quizzes'. I didn't even know about them.... -_-
History: B-
Wait... That doesn't even make sense. The same grade as English? In the comments, my teacher says that 'she has obtained good grades for both end of unit tests'. Now this is what I really hate! Some teachers write about 'good grades' in the comment section and congratulate you for doing well, but give you a bad grade. It said that I 'have failed handing in my last assignment about Louis XIV'. I couldn't do it for the same reason I couldn't do the English essay. I was very sad and emotional. We had so many graded assignments, but none of them mattered that much...
German: B+
I did well? Oh... That's good....
Art: B-
I knew that. The comments says that I 'can be easily distracted by those around me'. Sure.... It's the 'others around'.... -_-
Computer: bellow the expected standard
Now that made me laugh! It said that all my work was 'poorly done' and that I am 'disruptive in class'. First of all, my work is not poorly done! Putting nyan cat and Totoro on my presentation for no reason is.... Cool!
Let's skip dance, music and sports (I got a 'pass'! Not a 'fail'!).
CSL: expected standard
The comment made me discover so many new things about myself! I never knew I was a 'member of the group who displays a real interest in the subject'! No offense, but I don't give a crap about the subject... I 'listen carefully'. Wow! I listen??? I also 'make contributions'? Does this count saying that only native speakers should teach a language?
Homeroom/school commitment: A-
This is even more surprising! Actually, I 'always approach lessons with a positive learning attitude'! Oh really? So groaning and moaning and saying 'oh no! Kill me now! It's English next' count as being positive? I never knew... Also, I have a 'mature attitude'! So doodling random stuff in my agenda and laughing at stupid jokes now counts as 'mature'? Ok....

That brings my GPA to 3.15 (it used to be 3.29). So the average of my GPA is 3.22.... Not good...

No comments:

Post a Comment