Welcome to my purple world...

13 Mar 2013

Oh no! It's snowing again!

Today we missed almost half of the day due to the CTP4 tests. We do them every year. I'm not really sure what they are for. At the beginning they told us that they are made to compare different schools so others would know what CDL's strengths and weaknesses are. Starting from last year they also use our results to find out what we have improved on. I don't think the results are true at all. On the practice one (yes, we also have 'mock' CTP4s) there was this one question about the perimeter of a shape. On my paper I calculated the right answer, but on the answer sheet I put it wrong. And now they're going to think that I suck at working out the perimeter of shapes....? The tests are multiple choice so you're able to guess. That makes it even more unfair. On the English (practice) one I guessed all the last questions since I didn't have time and Mr Woodbridge told me that I was very good at them.... -_-
English class was a little bit unusual since people from our teacher's history class were doing their presentations. The only thing I learned from it was that once upon a time there was a guy called Vasco who went to India and died of malaria...
Note about our history class: in our side of the grade there are four history classes: Mr Woodbridge's class (Yasmin' class), Mrs Manchala's class, Mme Roussel's bilingual class (my class) and an ESL class (Carolina's class). All of us are doing different things...
Yasmin's class was doing Islam at some point because I remember them drawing mosques. We've done Islam in seventh grade last year. A couple of weeks (or days....) ago Yasmin was doing a presentation on Joane of Arc. People from our history class also did presentations like this last year.
The other mainstream class, according to their presentations, is doing the explorers and colonies. Yasmin's class never did anything about that. My class only did a little bit on it. We only had to know that Christophor Columbus discovered America and stuff like that. We never went into details like the other class. I didn't even know that Vasco de Gama went to India.... Seriously.... Also, looking at what is written on the board after the class, they have learnt about the Renaisance quite a lot. We studied it too, but we did less than them.
So the bilingual class is studying Europe in the 18th century. We finished the Middle Ages in Autumn. After that, we did explorers and trade... While the other class is studying people going to India, we were focusing on Europe and Venice. We've done Renaissance, but after that we moved straight on to Marthin Luther and the different kinds of Catholicism. We just finished studying Louis XIII and the absolute royal power and now we're doing Europe in the 18th century. We haven't done anything on colonies and, looking at the book, we're not going to.
Well.... At least, the three classes are doing something similar. All of us, at some point, did Renaissance and Europe. But Carolina's class is doing the Mayans! WTC....? The Mayans? Carolina also told us that before they studied the Carabians.... 
After English we had French. In French class Niko, Joao and Vlad were throwing papers around and Mme Boisson got mad and M Peron came into our class. When he was standing there I started thinking about the role play (Yasmin will know what I'm talking about) and ended up sitting and smiling like an idiot.... Zoum!

No comments:

Post a Comment